An error appears when trying to access MySQL. There are several possible causes:
When accessing a MySQL database, you receive one of the following errors or a similar error:
- «Could not connect to database.»
- «Access denied for user ‘XXX’@’localhost (using password: YES)’»
It is likely that the login details used to access the MySQL database were incorrect.
The necessary MySQL login details consist of the following:
- Database host:
- localhost or 127.0.0.1: If you want to access a database directly from your hosting account.
- login-XX.hoststar.ch: (replace XX with the server number of your hosting account) if you want to access a database directly.
- Database name: This is the name you entered when you created the database.
- Database user: The username of the user you assigned to the database.
- Database password: The user password you assigned to the database. If you have forgotten the password, you can change the password.