When retrieving your emails you always receive a password prompt.
Password prompt when retrieving emails
- When you click «Send/receive» a window appears prompting you to enter your password again.
- Depending on what email program you are using, an error message appears instead telling you that your user name and password were incorrect.
- This problem occurs when the mailbox in your email account is full. Your emails are still available on the server, but cannot be downloaded. Also, if there are too many emails in your mailbox, Webmail may be unable to access your emails.
There are two ways to solve this problem:
- The easier solution is to go to Webmail and delete some emails that you no longer need. Instructions on accessing Webmail can be found here.
- If the mailbox is no longer displayed in Webmail, you can increase the size of that mailbox to free up sufficient storage space. Instructions on changing the size of your mailbox can be found here. Once you have changed the size of your inbox, you should no longer have any problems synchronizing emails with your email program.
Message «Unable to connect to the server»
Hoststar spam filter