We are happy to help you!
Our technical support is available to you from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 midday and 1.30 p.m. to 5 p.m. You can of course send us your questions by email. Emailed support questions are also viewed at the weekend and answered promptly according to the degree of urgency.
What is the exact procedure when changing provider?
- The easiest way is to start by placing an online order with us.
- If you want to activate an already existing .CH domain on the Hoststar servers, you can select the option
"This domain is already registered! Please modify the DNS entries"
"This domain is registered! I will modify the DNS entries"
during the ordering procedure (step 2).
- If you select the option "This domain is already registered! Please modify the DNS entries", we will apply for DNS modification (switch)
at SWITCH (official registration authority for domain names) after the installation of the domain on our servers. As soon as the domain owner
has confirmed this, the domain will be activated on our servers the following night.
- If you select the option "This domain is registered! I will modify the DNS entries", you can undertake the DNS modifications (switch)
at any time you choose, with the help of your personal login details from SWITCH.
- This has the advantage that you can upload your personal data to the server and access already existing email accounts immediately
following the installation of the domain on our servers, which occurs after your payment has been received. Like this, you can ensure
that your homepage can be switched interruption-free.
- If you have a domain that does not have the extension .CH, please note our advice on DNS switches under the heading -
Is it possible to change from another provider to Hoststar?
Please note that you must yourself undertake the cancellation of contract with your current provider, as only the domain owner or current
contractual partner for a domain is entitled to take such a step.
- Back to previous page
- Back to main menu
We will be happy to answer further questions: