We are happy to help you!
Our technical support is available to you from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 midday and 1.30 p.m. to 5 p.m. You can of course send us your questions by email. Emailed support questions are also viewed at the weekend and answered promptly according to the degree of urgency.
I receive the message "Connection to the server could not be established"
- The email program gives the error message that no connection to the server could be established.
- Neither receiving nor sending emails functions.
- You have no connection with the Internet, and no Internet page that you try to access is correctly displayed. Only the error message appears.
- The settings for the incoming and outgoing mail servers in your mail program are incorrect.
- You only just registered your domain with Hoststar and the activation has not been fully completed.
- The registration of the domain has run out or it has been blocked by the registration authority.
- There is a problem on the Hoststar server.
- If you do not have a connection to the Internet, contact your Internet provider (e.g. Bluewin, Cablecom, Sunrise) to try to solve the problem.
- Check the settings of your email program according to our instructions.
- If the domain was registered less than 48 hours ago, you will have to be patient until the setting up and activation has been fully completed. The connection with the Hoststar server should function perfectly within at most 48 hours after registration.
- If you have registered the domain yourself it could be, for instance, that the payment to the registration authority has not been made and the domain has thus
been blocked. Use a WHOIS search (e.g. at http://www.whois.ch) to check if the DNS entries are still correct and if it is mentioned anywhere that the domain
has been blocked. In addition, most registration authorities will give an indication of the problem when you open the domain directly via your browser. If you think
that the domain may have been blocked, please contact your registration authority directly.
- Login to the Customer Center at https://my.hoststar.ch and check the status of your server under "News". If there is any problem on the server, we certainly
know about it already and are dealing with it. You can get information from us about the status of the problem solution at any time either by telephone or email.
We will be happy to answer further questions: